1. Come physically rise off the or disembark from something. We"re in the critical row, so it’s going to take us a while to get off the plane. Get off the ladder prior to you fall and hurt yourself! gain off the couch and also start help me already.
You are watching: What does get you off mean
2. To eliminate someone or something from part surface. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "get" and also "off." Hey, obtain your feet off the table! have the right to you obtain your stuff turn off my bed?
4. To shoot ammunition. In this usage, a noun or pronoun have the right to be used in between "get" and "off." I can only obtain off one shot before the burglars fled.
5. In sports, to successfully complete an action, such as a shot or pass, before time expires or call is made. In this usage, a noun or pronoun have the right to be used between "get" and also "off." I"m not sure he acquired off that shot prior to the buzzer walk off. It will certainly be an overwhelming for that to gain a happen off with every one of this defensive pressure.
6. Come send something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun deserve to be used in between "get" and also "off." have actually you acquired off that email yet? If not, I have a few more lines to add.
7. Come physically eliminate something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used in between "get" and "off." I simply can"t it seems ~ to gain this difficult stuff off the floor. Gain off those wet clothes before you record cold!
8. To get a less severe punishment or prevent punishment altogether. I can"t believe that well-known criminal acquired off v such a irradiate sentence. You"re just grounded because that a week? You gained off straightforward if you ask me. Together a prosecutor, I understand what it"s like as soon as someone that I recognize is guilty it s okay off.
9. To reason someone to obtain a less severe punishment or protect against punishment altogether. In this usage, a noun or pronoun deserve to be used between "get" and also "off." execute you really think girlfriend can obtain this guy off through a lighter sentence?
11. To prevent bothering or nagging someone. Acquire off my back, will you? I"m working as quick as i can! If he doesn"t get off my case soon, I"m going to shed it.
See more: What Is A Good 300M Hurdle Time For High School ? What Is A Good 300M Hurdle Time For High School
12. To be so bold as to do something. She"s not my boss, so where does she acquire off assigning me yet another project?
13. Slang To be or become specifically excited by or enthusiastic around something, particularly in, or likened to, a sex-related manner. Can be taken into consideration vulgar. That seems choose Kaya gets off on the power of her brand-new corporate monitoring role. I don"t know why you get off ~ above going to the gym every day—it simply seems favor a chore to me!
14. Slang To have actually an amorous or sex-related encounter through someone. Primarily heard in UK. Us weren"t in ~ the party for an ext than 30 minutes when Jake gained off v some guy he"d just met. Ns heard Janet acquired off with one of her co-workers.
16. Vulgar slang To reason someone to experience orgasm. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "get" and "off."