You are watching: Songs with chains in the title
There space recurring themes in steel lyrics — death, gore, Satan… and chains. Today, Decibel is celebrating this essential topic by ranking the height 10 songs around chains, as chose by Season the Mist’s Radio Promotion/Sales chief Greg Karlowitsch.
10. Cauldron – “Chained increase in Chains”How might I NOT include this song? “Chained up in Chains,” indigenous the album “Chained come the Nite,” which states the indigenous “chain” or part variation seven times within. Let the sink in for a second. Cauldron could have jumped the shark with this song, yet it simply shows just how much that a hallmark the the ‘chain’ deserve to be come the in its entirety genre. “Roped up in Ropes” just wouldn’t have actually the very same effect.
9. Chastain – “Chains that Love”There no anything insanely special about this track that inspired me to put it ~ above this list various other than the truth it RULES. Leather Leone is a complete badass and criminally underrated. I challenge you come not try and effort your highest possible falsetto throughout a turn of this jam. It could be impossible.
8. Loudness – “Heavy Chains”This is an amazing one. Loudness is using chains together a design template of partnership oppression however not in the very first person. Minoru Niihara is singing around a woman who is dealing with being tied by the chains of romance. Is Niihara the one that inflicted this to her, or is he simply witnessing it? the isn’t quite certain, however it sets this song apart from plenty of of the others on the perform for this reason.
7. Trance – “Break the Chains”Wow. Where perform I begin with Trance? This is a tough pill to swallow, admittedly, for some. I think for a lot of outsiders, Trance drops into a category much choose Manowar whereby the listener think it’s a gimmick or a joke. Much like other early European metal acts, the penmanship that songwriting is very obviously ESL, which leader to basic rhyme schemes and also surface level material. If the vocals don’t stroked nerves you, then turn it up. This is a meat and also potatoes rocker i m sorry pleads to it is in blasted at high levels.
6. Raven – “Break the Chain”This is among the an ext derivative song on the list, for sure, but I don’t median that in a negative way. Raven offers the timeless tactic of break the chains of normalcy come rebel versus whatever is oppressing you. It can be about a relationship, a dead-end job, or your parents screaming in her face about a Twisted Sister pin on your uniform. That is vague enough so any type of pimply-faced budding rocker can sympathize v it and think it was penned especially for them.
5. To run Wild – “Chains and Leather”While every various other song supplies the idea the chains together a an allegory for some kind of relationship, Germany’s to run Wild really puts the all out there on the forefront. Yes sir no subtlety here: that a song around chains. Attract chains. Chains are cool, right? many thanks to bands choose Judas Priest, Saxon and, that course, to run Wild, you can just sing about your clothing and also aesthetic and make a balls-to-the-wall anthem out of it.
4. Van Halen – “Unchained”I’ve check out the lyrics to this song about a half-dozen times, and I can’t yes, really gather anything from it. I think Diamond Dave simply just thought the word “Unchained” sounded cool.
3. Dio – “Egypt (The Chains room On)”Ronnie James Dio’s providing on this list is one of those perfect instances of a tune that a half-baked teenager can use in a high school background class to shot and level through his teacher to get a pass grade. Ever before so loosely based on biblical-era Egyptian history, Dio never even mentions an attempt to remove any kind of constraints in this song, for this reason making it one of the bleakest tracks on this list. He reiterates over, and also over again the “still the chains space on,” leaving you v no happy ending or feeling of closure.
2. Judas priest – “(Take These) Chains”I’m beginning to think that this list is also about how countless songs we can talk about with parentheses in the title. Penned by external songwriter Bob Halligan Jr, (who operated with various other bands such together KISS, Blue Oyster Cult, KIX and also Helix), this is the closest thing to a ballad that Screaming because that Vengeance needs to offer. The lyrics don’t have to talk around destroying or decimating any chains like plenty of on this list. Rather, The steel God self pleads the they simply be gotten rid of from his heart. This is another prime instance of chain being provided as symbolism for the oppression feel by love and longing. We have all been there, Rob.
See more: How Many Feet Is 450 Square Feet ? How Many Square Feet Is A 45X10 Room
1. Dokken – “Breaking the Chains” This is the Alpha and the Omega of chain-breaking. If girlfriend started reading this article and didn’t think this would certainly be included in some way, you should not really have any type of primal desire to check out a think piece on quintessential hefty metal jargon. This track, and the previously disputed Judas priest song, were what spurred mine desire come annoy/convince Editor-In-Chief Albert Mudrian to let me handle this project. What Don Dokken and crew did v this monitor was carry chain-breaking come the hefty rock mainstream, using it to talk about the pains and also trials that a failing relationship. Obviously, this would come to be a very used tactic in the metal civilization for decades to follow. Ns think we all should take a second and thank Dokken for your contributions.