You are watching: Chrysler town and country sliding door adjustment
4. Remove the screw hold the upper roller arm stop bumper to upper roller arm.5. Remove the avoid bumper from the upper roller arm.6. Remove the facility stop bumper trim cover indigenous the slide door.7. Remove the center stop indigenous the sliding door.8. Remove the slide door sill plate.
9. Eliminate the host open latch striker.10. Open up the 4 minutes 1 glass.11. Remove the center roller channel finish cover.12. Support the slide door ~ above a perfect lifting device with a padded upper surface. The door must be moveable through the lifting maker in position.13. Roll the door rearward till the lower rollers disengage from the lower channel.
14. Roll the door rearward till the upper and also center hinge rollers disengage from the upper and center channels.15. Eliminate the slide door from the vehicle.To install:16. Ar the sliding door in position on a lifting device.17. Place the door rearward the the sliding door opening.18. Interact the facility hinge rollers right into the center channels.19. Roll door front until lower rollers communicate into rear of reduced channel.20. Connect the top hinge right into the top channels.21. Download the hold open latch striker.22. Download the sliding door sill plate.23. Download the facility roller channel end cover.24. Install the facility stop on the sliding door.25. Download the facility stop bumper trim sheathe on the slide door.26. Place the top roller stop bumper in position on the top roller arm.27. Install screw to secure the upper roller arm protect against bumper to top roller arm.28. Eliminate masking ice cream from human body surfaces.29. Verify sliding door operation and also fit. Readjust if necessary.ADJUSTMENTPreliminary checks1. Close the sliding door, visually inspecting the C-post striker alignment entry into latch. The striker at this point must not impact alignment.2. On vehicles equipped through a left side sliding door, inspect the fuel door blocker striker entry right into latch. The striker at this suggest must not affect alignment.3. Examine the C-post and also B-post for door-to-aperture gaps and door-to-door gaps. All gaps should measure 0.160-0.240 customs (4-6mm).4. Inspect the door for elevation using personality lines together a reference, as well as the roof contour together a controlling factor.up/down adjustment1. Visually inspect the slide door for fitting short at the behind of the door by checking the alignment of the belt line of the door to quarter panel.2. Totally open the slide door.3. Check to be sure that all of the center hinge bolts are tight.
See more: What Is As Light As A Feather But Even The Strongest Man, Puzzling Riddle Explained!
4. Adjust the rear of the sliding door increase by rotating the center hinge bolts clockwise.5. Nearby the door and inspect the alignment.6. Re-adjust the facility hinge if necessary to acquire alignment between the belt line of the sliding door and quarter panel.7. Fully open the slide door and also install a locknut to the facility hinge bolt. Tighten the locknut until it butts up against the welded seed on the center hinge. Tighten the seed to 11 ft. Lbs. (15 Nm). It might be essential to usage a back-up wrench to hold the facility hinge bolt to prevent it from turning while tightening the nut.8. Verify door alignment and re-adjust if necessary.Fore/Aft Adjustment1. Check the height of the slide door in ~ the B-post and also C-post to identify which area is contributing the biggest to the incorrect gaps.2. If the sliding door is high in ~ the C-post;1. Open up the slide door to mid-point the travel.2. Matchmark rundown of facility hinge top top the sliding door to aid in do adjustments.3. Loosen the center hinge bolts.4. Relocate hinge fore or aft to position the sliding door into the exactly location.5. Tighten the center hinge bolts.6. Verify door alignment and re-adjust if necessary.3. If the slide door is short at the B-post;
1. Remove accessibility plug in the slide door trim panel.2. Open the sliding door come mid-point of travel.3. Matchmark rundown of the reduced roller arm bracket top top the sliding door to help in make adjustments.4. Loosen the reduced roller eight bracket bolts.5. Relocate the hinge downward to raise the door.6. Tighten the reduced roller arm bracket bolts.7. Verify door alignment and also re-adjust if necessary.4. If the slide door is short at the C-post;1. Open up the slide door to mid-point the travel.2. Matchmark rundown of center hinge on the slide door to assist in making adjustments.3. Turn the adjustment bolt up or down to relocate the door position.4. Relocate the hinge downward to progressive the door.5. Tighten the center hinge bolts.6. Verify door alignment and re-adjust if necessary.5. If the slide door is high in ~ the B-post;1. Remove accessibility plug in the slide door trim panel.2. Open the sliding door to mid-point the travel.3. Matchmark synopsis of lower roller eight bracket top top the sliding door to help in make adjustments.4. Ease the lower roller arm bracket bolts.5. Move the hinge upward to raise the door.6. Tighten the lower roller eight bracket bolts.7. Verify door alignment and also re-adjust if necessary.Seal CompressionAdjusting seal compression in ~ the B-post can impact door flushness in ~ the C-post.1. Check the seal compression in ~ top and bottom of B-post seal.2. Change the seal compression in ~ the peak of the B-post seal together follows:1. Open the slide door to mid-point the travel.2. Matchmark the rundown of the upper roller arm on the clip to help in make adjustments.3. Loosen bolts securing the top roller eight to the bracket.4. To increase seal compression, shorten the length of the top roller arm.5. Come decrease seal compression, rise the length of the upper roller arm.6. Tighten every one of the upper roller eight bolts.7. Verify door alignment and re-adjust if necessary.3. Change the seal compression in ~ the bottom the the B-post seal as follows:1. Open up the sliding door to mid-point of travel.2. Matchmark the summary of the lower roller arm on the lower roller arm bracket to help in make adjustments. 3. Ease bolts securing the reduced roller arm to the lower roller arm bracket.4. To decrease seal compression, pivot the reduced roller arm towards the center of the vehicle.5. To rise seal compression, pivot the reduced roller arm outward.6. Tighten every one of the lower roller eight bolts.7. Verify door alignment and re-adjust if necessary.Stabilizer Adjustment1. Open up sliding door.2. Ease the bolts securing the stabilizers come the slide door sufficient that the stabilizers have the right to move v some effort.3. Close and also then reopen the slide door.4. Tighten all bolts.