Pencil lead is commonly nontoxic. If her child begins vomiting after eat pencil lead, contact IPC at 1-800-222-1222.

You are watching: Can you die from pencil lead


Eating graphite or pencil material is unlikely to cause any kind of symptoms. However, pencil lead is a choking hazard. If your son is choking, contact 911.


Give your child a couple of sips the water. Any type of skin stains must wash off v soap and also water. If your child begins vomiting, call IPC in ~ 1-800-222-1222.


Pencil lead is in reality graphite, a minimally-toxic carbon-based substance. Pencils carry out not save the metal lead.


Eating graphite or pencil product is unlikely to cause any symptoms. However, pencil command is a choke hazard. If your kid is choking, speak to 911.


Give your child a few sips that water. Any type of skin stains have to wash off through soap and also water. If your child begins vomiting, speak to IPC at 1-800-222-1222.


Graphite and other materials of a pencil are minimally toxic once swallowed or drawn onto the skin. If a pencil tip breaks or punctures the skin, contact IPC at 1-800-222-1222 or the child’s pediatrician for medical advice concerning the puncture injury.


If your child has gained this problem in his or she eyes, please check out our eye exposure information.


Not finding What girlfriend Need?

Have immediate Questions?

Don"t hesitate to speak to the toxicity Helpline.

1-800-222-1222
*

Cosmetics

*

Toothpaste

*

Chalk

*

Vaseline


In instance of Emergency

Call 911 if who is unconscious or is having difficulty breathing.

Remain Calm

Most toxicity emergencies deserve to be resolved easily over the phone.

Call the Helpline

Call 1-800-222-1222 if friend are pertained to that girlfriend or someone else has been exposed come a potentially harmful substance.

See more: 2.4 Ecotec Water Pump Replacement Cost Estimate, 2011 Equinox 2


*

Text. Save. Share.

Text poison to 787878

i ordered it to IPC News

Keep up-to-date through the latest from Illinois poison Center.